|Education Required:||High School or Equivalent|
|Career Level:||Experienced (Non-Manager)|
Operate without supervision all types of welding, blending and stress relief equipment such as Tungsten Inert Gas, Shielded Metal Arc, Gas Tungsten Arc, Metal Inert Gas. Operate without supervision specified metal fabrication tooling and equipment such as oxy-acetylene and plasma cutting arc torches, and PWHT equipment.
- Perform component setup as well as basic digital programming on welding equipment controls.
- Working from drawings and/or work instructions, set up parts and/or major components and using appropriate cutting and abrasive devices, prepare the components for welding.
- Locate and measure to and from the correct surfaces and provide detailed inspection information regarding the surfaces identified and specified on the provided work instructions.
- Understand penetrant applications and inspection methods (i.e., red-dye, fluorescent penetrant).
- Understand distortion and heat input controls and measurement as well as correctional methods.
- Use suitable tools to properly contour weld parts and components to match complex and close tolerance configuration requirements.
- Provide recommendations and general production process improvements.
- Perform equipment PM as assigned.
- Perform other such duties as may be required.
- Education and/or Experience Associate's degree, certificate, or equivalent from two-year college or technical school and at least two (2) years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language Skills Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Mathematical Skills Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Reasoning Ability Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- 1-2 year TIG welding experience.
- Candidates must be flexible to work all shifts and overtime as needed.
- Steady employment history.
- Experience welding exotic metals or super-alloys is preferred.
- Ability to work off of blueprints/work instructions is a must.
Interested applicants must submit their resumes to Jobs.OSC@MHPowerSystems.com with subject line TIG Welder.
MHPSA is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V) - Drug Free Workplace
The Safety of All MHPSA Employees is Our #1 Priority ..... Always!