|Education Required:||High School or Equivalent|
Develop, evaluate, and improve manufacturing methods including support of management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, cost savings and other considerations to facilitate maintenance needs.
1.0 ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Confer with engineering and quality staff to develop, author, and implement a electrical management system based on power usage and process monitoring;
- Confer with maintenance and operations staff to develop and author electrical work procedures for maintenance tasks;
- Develop/apply corrective actions addressing bad actors defined by Pm system on the manufacturing/repair and Facility machines;
- Confer with planning and design staff concerning product design to ensure efficient electrical power usage and demand;
- Assist maintenance staff on PLC problems and troubleshooting of intricate CMMs systems;
- Confer with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts, and evaluate products according to specifications and quality standards;
- Work closely with the Facility Team on cost savings projects, design of electrical circuits for installation/ relocation of equipment;
- Be able to design, recommend, purchase all electrical components and switchgear, both low and high voltage;
- Perform other such duties as may be required.
- OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures reporting all unsafe activities to Management and/or Human Resources.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Contribute to building a positive team spirit.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of employees.
- Protect confidential information by not communicating, disclosing to, or using for benefit of 3rd parties.
Maintain the highest degree of honesty and integrity at all times.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EDUCATION
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Student in a B.S. Electrical Engineering program at a University.
Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in standardized situations. Logically summarize inspection and work scope information for on-going projects.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet software; Spreadsheet software, PowerPoint software and Word Processing software, Versed in Programmable Logic Control systems.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, bend, talk and hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee’s working environment maybe loud. The employee may be required to adhere to MHPSA and customer safety procedures including but not limited to, the use of personal protection equipment (hardhat, safety glasses, goggles, hearing and fall protection).
Interested applicants must submit their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line Electrical Engineering Associate .
MHPSA is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V) - Drug Free Workplace
The Safety of All MHPSA Employees is Our #1 Priority ..... Always!