|Education Required:||Bachelors Degree|
|Career Level:||Experienced (Non-Manager)|
Controls Integration Service Engineers are responsible for the technical service support of electronic control systems used on Mitsubishi and non-OEM gas turbines. Control system service activities include evaluation of operating issues or enhancements, adjustment of turbine control settings, logic changes, and / or hardware modifications to the instrument and control system to improve operability and unit reliability of the gas turbines. The products supported include CPUs, data highways, software, and electronic devices (positioners, switches, routers, instruments, etc.). The Controls Integration Service Engineer I position is an entry level engineering position that requires knowledge of the engineering principles related to controls and electrical systems, and basic knowledge of computational hardware, network and software configuration and integration. In this role the engineer will demonstrate the capability to perform normal work assignments without requiring detailed instruction. The engineer will also be given assignments of increasing technical difficulty while working under the supervision of more senior engineers or management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Support the evaluation and enhancement of control system operations with an increasing scope of responsibility. The Controls Integration Service Engineer II will perform routine work assignments with limited supervision and will actively work to increase product knowledge and skills;
- Preparation of documentation, drawings, schematics and HMI PC systems for customer upgrades and remote support of field service during site installations. Coordination of upgrade activities with field service, MHPS (Japan) and the GTSE Controls Integration team;
- Diagnoses of site issues, answer RFIs, root cause analysis, sales and program manager site issue support;
- Work in the controls integration and cyber labs and support other engineering groups within GTSE.
- Make suggestions for product and service improvements that will increase customer satisfaction with Mitsubishi products and services;
- Support ISO 9001 audits and compliance efforts, and where possible, enhance the documentation and configuration control methods in use by Gas Turbine Service Engineering;
- Ensure products meet or exceed MHPSA and customer requirements;
- Availability for work after normal working hours, weekends, and holidays as required;
- Perform other such duties as may be required.
- OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures reporting all unsafe activities to Management and/or Human Resources.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Contribute to building a positive team spirit.
- Communicate effectively with other engineers and management at all levels.
- Protect confidential information by not communicating, disclosing to, or using for benefit of third parties.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Some overnight travel (expected 5 to 15%) by land, air or sea.
- Maintain the highest degree of honesty and integrity at all times.
- KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EDUCATION
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience: MS [preferred] or BS degree in Computer Science, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college or university, or a minimum of eight (4) years directly related work experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as industry reports and technical journals. Ability to apply write technical reports and correspondence including customer reports. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one, small group, and large group situations to customers, clients, vendors and other employees of the organization.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to perform necessary calculations to satisfy job requirements.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to make judgment decisions based on specifications or technical requirements.
- Computer Skills: Personal computer skills including graphics MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio), VMWare, MODBus, etc.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, bend, talk and hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee’s working environment maybe loud. The employee may be required to adhere to MHPSA and customer safety procedures including but not limited to, the use of personal protection equipment (hardhat, safety glasses, goggles, hearing and fall protection).
Interested applicants must submit their resumes to email@example.com with subject line Controls Integration Service Engineer I.
MHPSA is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V) - Drug Free Workplace
The Safety of All MHPSA Employees is Our #1 Priority ..... Always!