|Education Required:||Bachelors Degree|
|Career Level:||Experienced (Non-Manager)|
The duties of the Remote Monitoring Center (RMC) Operator(s) is to provide Mitsubishi Hitachi Power Systems Americas, Inc. (MHPSA) customers with technical and operations-related assistance pertaining to the performance, operation, and maintenance of gas turbines, steam turbines, generators, balance of plant, and auxiliary systems on a 24-hour shift basis. The RMC is a 24-7-365 function including but not limited to holidays, weekends, weather, etc. and the RMC Operators are required to work their scheduled shift to assure this continuous operation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Proactively monitor remote site operations and provide analysis of equipment operation during scheduled 12-hour shift;
- Communicate technical information to MHPSA customers for the purpose of equipment reliability;
- Review customer data and provide recommendations for improvement on all policies, procedures, operations, and technical issues;
- Provide root-cause analysis and operations reports to Long-Term Service Agreement (LTSA) program managers and customers upon request;
- Assist in the creation of troubleshooting documentation and root-cause analysis tools;
- Interpret and apply technical drawings, procedures, and other relevant documentation to resolve operational / reliability issues;
- Assist in presenting detailed customer-orientated information on the functions of the RMC and related software capabilities;
- Record daily activities in 24-hour journal and outline deficiencies using Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools;
- Be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat, and the Internet (PI and SmartSignal experience is a plus);
- Support daily meetings by supplying 24-hr synopsis of the previous day’s activity to inform the service organization of fleet issues and current projects;
- Support RMC Engineering in all areas of RMC operations;
- Provide assistance to Information Technologies (IT) department as necessary;
- Perform other such duties as may be required.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures, reporting all unsafe activities to Management and/or Human Resources.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Contribute to building a positive team spirit.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of employees.
- Protect confidential information by not communicating, disclosing to, or using for benefit of 3rd parties.
- Maintain the highest degree of honesty and integrity at all times.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EDUCATION
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required;
- Education and/or Experience: Bachelor's degree (BA) in Engineering from a four-year college or university; or at least seven (7) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Computer Skills: Knowledge of database software; project management software; spreadsheet software and word processing software; electronic mail; graphics; technical diagrams; flow charts, etc.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, bend, talk and hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee’s working environment maybe loud. The employee may be required to adhere to MHPSA and customer safety procedures including but not limited to, the use of personal protection equipment (hardhat, safety glasses, goggles, hearing and fall protection).
Interested applicants must submit their resumes to email@example.com with subject line RMC Operator.
MHPSA is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V) - Drug Free Workplace
The Safety of All MHPSA Employees is Our #1 Priority ..... Always!