Establish, track, and maintain parts and material demands identified for the transactional business within the Gas Turbine Parts Product Line. Maintain informational exchanges and communications with all groups and organizations contributing to the fulfillment of material demands. Ability to effectively handle orders with scope and/or contractual requirements of moderate complexity and moderate commercial and/or financial risk. Must have the ability to effectively handle multiple quotes and orders simultaneously and prioritize work based on schedule demands. Provide a central point of coordination for the activities in this process. The Gas Turbine Parts Order Management Specialist position is an intermediate level position that requires handling requests and providing customer service, guidance, and semi-complex support for products and/or programs. In this role, the Gas Turbine Parts Order Management Specialist will demonstrate the capability to perform normal work assignments without requiring detailed instruction, and will be given some degree of autonomy in these work assignments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review all transactional parts requests and ensure that the opportunities are assigned to the person responsible for developing the quote
Screen parts quote requests for completeness of information needed to assign, prioritize, set strategy and accurately quote with minimal delays
Review all costs provided by sourcing and update SAP with pricing
Review lead time provided by sourcing and update SAP with lead-time
Support the sales team by provide inventory and lead-time for parts
Serve as a pricing support to the Gas Turbine Parts product line and support effective pricing strategies by working closely with the sales and marketing team to understand customer segmentation, competitive position and target value pricing
Measure results and proactively communicate metrics and project objectives, status, barriers and results to all levels of the organization as required
Conduct analysis of costs and profitability by product/transaction type
Coordinate and support all defined material pricing in ERP. Take necessary steps to ensure pricing is accurately recorded and periodically reviewed and updated. Prepare presentations to support the Gas Turbine Parts Organization
Support the development and improvement of processes and procedures and document process descriptions defining specific steps/actions necessary to complete daily functions
Support the investigation and resolution of semi-complex problems
Coordinate and lead activities with other internal departments to meet customer needs
Provide support for resolution and guidance as required for Customer Master entry and/or maintenance
Interface with supply chain management for sourcing and procurement of materials necessary to fill orders, meeting cost and quality objectives
Respond to semi complex customer inquiries
Provide afterhours support for outages and emergencies
Minimal overnight travel (less than 10%)
- Perform other such duties as may be required
Support the following activities for Gas Turbine transactional quotes for the W501D, W501D5A, W501F and M501F machines:
- Lead the preparation and review of semi complex quotes/proposals and provide feedback on implementation issues
- Interpret customer contract/purchase order to define all activities to meet requirements
- Guide specific requirements to all implementing organizations and coordinate administration as required
- Lead coordination of activities to create all defined material quotes and orders. Take necessary steps to enable and ensure quotes and orders are processed
- Assist in the development of schedules to ensure commitments are met
- Manage financial information for the backlog such as inventory, shipments, invoicing and receivables
- Handle the investigation and resolution of customer issues with regard to warranty, suspense, deficiencies and other contract/purchase order issues
- Expedite and prioritize new parts and repair orders as required to meet defined demands as well as emergencies
- Track delivery status to ensure availability for all demands. Ensure demands for inventory material are routed to the appropriate functions
- Actively monitor material demands in the areas of fulfillment, deliveries and costs, track performance against targets
- Lead coordination activities with the Sales teams to develop and establish a centralized tracking (historical – current – planning) system. Working as a team, coordinate the effort with support functions
- Develop new methods and processes utilizing the latest IT tools to improve work flow, data management and communications within MHPSA. This includes but is not limited to ERP, CRM and SharePoint systems
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Ensure systems of record are fully utilized, maintained and are kept accurate.
Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures reporting all unsafe activities to Management and/or Human Resources.
Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
Contribute to building a positive team spirit.
Communicate effectively with all levels of employees.
Protect confidential information by not communicating, disclosing to, or using for benefit of 3rd parties.
Ensure proper control of Export Controlled Data as required by MHPSA policy, and federal and state laws.
- Maintain the highest degree of honesty and integrity at all times.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EDUCATION:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Basic knowledge of power plant operation, manufacturing techniques and capabilities.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s Degree in technical or business related field from an accredited college/university or its recognized equivalent in directly related work experience. Minimum 3 years directly related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Computer Skills: Knowledge of database software; project management software; spreadsheet software and word processing software; electronic mail; graphics; technical diagrams; flow charts, etc.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, bend, talk and hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee’s working environment maybe loud. The employee may be required to adhere to MHPSA and customer safety procedures including but not limited to, the use of personal protection equipment (hardhat, safety glasses, goggles, hearing and fall protection).
Interested applicants must submit their resumes to email@example.com with subject line Gas Turbine Parts Order Management Specialist.
MHPSA is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V) - Drug Free Workplace
The Safety of All MHPSA Employees is Our #1 Priority ..... Always!