|Location:||Lake Mary, FL|
|Functional Area:||Human Resources|
|Education Required:||Bachelors Degree|
|Career Level:||Experienced (Non-Manager)|
The Human Resources Generalist II position is an intermediate level position responsible for human resources functions including recruitment, employee relations, benefits, compensation, training and employee services using established policies, procedures, and guidelines. The Human Resources Generalist II position requires knowledge of human resources laws, principles and regulations relating to human resources. In this role the Human Resources Generalist II will demonstrate the capability to perform normal work assignments without requiring detailed instruction, and will be given some degree of authority in their work assignments. The Human Resources Generalist II will also be given assignments of increasing difficulty while working under the supervision of more senior human resources professionals and/or management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Partner with management in appropriate resolution of team member relationship issues;
- Identify legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources and MHPSA to include but not limited to DOL, AAP, Safety, Environmental, benefit and payroll and ensure policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance;
- Administer benefit and payroll functions;
- Administer the Human Resources computer systems Employees Central and Global View to assures accurate data entry and that team members will be paid correctly, have proper benefit coverage and report generation availability upon demand;
- Administer benefit programs to include but not limited to life, health, dental, Short Term and Long Term disability insurance programs and vacation, Short Term Absence program for Non-Exempt and Salaried Continuance Program for Exempt PGS team members;
- Assure records of personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations, and team member statistics for government reporting are current and properly filed and recorded;
- Conducts exit interviews;
- Conducts interviews to determine the knowledge, skills, and abilities of candidates to fill vacant positions;
- Consults with and advises employees with regard to employee relations issues including investigation and problem resolution, and disciplinary actions;
- Assist with performance review programs to ensure effectiveness, compliance, and equity;
- Develop and maintain resume data base to assure AA requirements are met and candidate search availability is efficient;
- Assist management with event planning activities such as team member picnics, sales and marketing events, etc.;
- Acts as a company resource for HR issues and provides leadership and counsel to employees;
- Review and assure all communication is accurate and approved prior to issuance/delivery;
- Perform other such duties as may be required.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be an advocate of all safety policies, practices and procedures reporting all unsafe activities to Upper Management.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Contribute to building a positive team spirit.
- Communicate effectively with subordinates and management at all levels.
- Protect confidential information by not communicating, disclosing to, or using for benefit of third parties.
- Maintain the highest degree of honesty and integrity at all times.
- Minimal overnight travel (up to 10%) by land and/or air.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EDUCATION
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor's degree from four-year College or university; and/or at least four (4) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Licenses and/or Certifications: PHR preferred
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Computer Skills: Payroll Software, HRIS Software, and basic personal computer skills including electronic mail, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, bend, talk and hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee’s working environment maybe loud. The employee may be required to adhere to MHPSA and customer safety procedures including but not limited to, the use of personal protection equipment (hardhat, safety glasses, goggles, hearing and fall protection).
Interested applicants must submit their resumes to Jeannine.Wladich@mhpowersystems.com with subject line Human Resources Generalist II.
MHPSA is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V) - Drug Free Workplace
The Safety of All MHPSA Employees is Our #1 Priority ..... Always!