|Functional Area:||Information Technology|
|Education Required:||Bachelors Degree|
|Career Level:||Experienced (Non-Manager)|
Support MHPSA Information Technology activities – specifically the Engineering software application SmartPlant.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Trains users on Engineering software usage
- Analyzes business requirements and application objectives relating to the Engineering Software system
- Works with users to identify key business processes and improvements relating to the Engineering Software system
- Troubleshoots and resolves technical and business issues surrounding the Engineering Software system
- Provides requirements analysis, designs, builds, and tests reports for the Engineering Software system
- Provides requirements analysis and tests custom programs for the Engineering Software system
- Documents processes and procedures relating to the Engineering Software system
- Assists and/or orients new hires with the initial usage of the Engineering Software system
- Troubleshoots and resolves trouble tickets entered into the help desk software regarding the Engineering Software system
- Perform other such duties as may be required.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures reporting all unsafe activities to Management and/or Human Resources.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Contribute to building a positive team spirit.
- Communicate effectively with subordinates and management at all levels.
- Protect confidential information by not communicating, disclosing to, or using for benefit of 3rd parties.
- Maintain the highest degree of honesty and integrity at all times.
- Perform other such duties as may be required.
§ Able to install/Configure/administer the WINDCHILL product
§ Working knowledge of System and Database Administration
§ Understand the integration and interaction with other systems and products such as;
· ADOBE LIVECYCLE,
· CAD, AUTODAD, CREO
· TIBCO’S ESI
§ Script writing in various languages such as java
§ Able to install, admin and support engineering software and tools
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EDUCATION
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree from four-year college with a major in Computer Science or a related field.
- Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Finance: Required to have strong financial support skills relating to ERP systems. Must be knowledgeable of General Ledger systems, Journal Entries, and financial processes such as Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable.
- Computer Skills: Thorough understanding of ERP systems. Past experience implementing, customizing, and supporting ERP systems. Experienced writing reports for ERP systems. Knowledgeable of PC software and hardware configurations. Competent knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Networking, e-Mail, and Microsoft Office.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regularly required to sit and talk or hear. Occasionally required to stand and walk. Occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. Hearing protection may be recommended and/or required in some areas.
Interested applicants must submit their resumes to Jobs.OSC@MHPowerSystems.com with subject line Engineering Software Administrator.
MHPSA is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V) - Drug Free Workplace
The Safety of All MHPSA Employees is Our #1 Priority ..... Always!