|Education Required:||Bachelors Degree|
|Career Level:||Experienced (Non-Manager)|
The role of the Generator Service Engineer is to remotely support the design and field engineering teams by providing technical assistance and resolution for all forms of field service, start-up and commissioning of Generator equipment. This includes issues concerning electrical equipment, mechanical hardware, controls and fluid systems. The ability to make sound technical decisions in a time critical environment to support outages and commissioning activities is a primary component of the position.
- Provide technical dispositions to resolve emergent issues during outage, commissioning and planning;
- Interface with customers in office meetings and on site to effectively represent MHPS by demonstrating technical expertise and customer sensitivity in order to achieve a high level of customer satisfaction;
- Utilize a previously attained, basic understanding of generator component design, auxiliary system design and turbine operation to troubleshoot service issues while applying MHPS-approved practices and procedures;
- Provide engineering input to support development of outage and installation procedures and schedules;
- Develop service engineering procedures that support the continual technical development of the entire steam turbine organization;
- Define and manage time effectively to provide timely responses based on outage and commissioning needs while also attending to personal technical growth opportunities;
- Ensure fleet experience, operational feedback, and lessons learned are communicated back to design engineering to ensure continuous improvement;
- Provide support for emergency critical path activities outside of none core hours;
- Perform other such duties as may be required.
- Education: BS degree in engineering from an accredited college or university. Will consider substantial, related experience in lieu of BS degree in engineering.
- Experience: at least ten (10) years of relevant industrial experience including five (5) years of experience in steam turbine engineering related to field support. Requires an intimate knowledge and experience of steam turbine field assembly/disassembly, alignment, and clearances.
- Language Skills: Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and engineering procedure. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers. Ability to present in conference forums.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to perform basic engineering calculations.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Computer Skills: Advanced personal computer skills including MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), electronic mail, etc. Familiarity with ANSYS or similar analysis packages. Familiarity with CAD.
Interested applicants must submit their resumes to Jobs.OSC@MHPowerSystems.com with subject line Generator Senior Service Engineer.
MHPSA is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V) - Drug Free Workplace
The Safety of All MHPSA Employees is Our #1 Priority ..... Always!