|Req Number:||Contract to Hire|
|Education Required:||Bachelors Degree|
|Career Level:||Experienced (Non-Manager)|
The Component Engineer I position is an entry level position that requires knowledge of engineering principles and begins to develop specific application knowledge and skills through training and work assignments. The Component Engineer I position provides technical support to the manufacturing, repair, and field service organizations and assumes technical responsibility for entire assigned family of components to safely deliver quality components based on customer requirements.
- Component Technical Lead – Maintain knowledge base for applicable component and lead for resolving all component specific technical issues;
- Ensure Component Quality and Nonconformance Dispositions;
- Act as relevant engineering authority for local-repair material to authorize use, release, or acceptance of nonconforming product;
- Project Manage component specific repair projects and ensuring completion within schedule;
- Develop process mapping for projects;
- Project Manage implementation and revision of repair process templates, process sheets and specifications;
- Determine repair scopes and develop modifications;
- Write Technical Customer Updates/Reports;
- Write and assure completion of work instructions;
- Coordinate their project with other departments to assure all development, FAI, and documentation is complete;
- Utilize Manufacturing Engineering group as a resource;
- Manage and perform repair development projects;
- Continuously work on process optimization and removing non-value added work;
- Support ISO 9001 audits and compliance efforts;
- Ensure product meets or exceeds internal and customer requirements;
- Perform other such duties as may be required.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures reporting all unsafe activities to Management and/or Human Resources.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Contribute to building a positive team spirit.
- Communicate effectively with subordinates and management at all levels.
- Protect confidential information by not communicating, disclosing to, or using for benefit of third parties.
- Maintain the highest degree of honesty and integrity at all times.
- Overnight travel (up to 15%) by land and/or air.
- Education and/ or Experience: Four year degree in a technical or engineering discipline. Must have the ability to demonstrate the successful usage of the appropriate level of technical skills and knowledge applied to a particular family of gas turbine components.
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as industry reports and technical journals. Ability to write technical reports and correspondence including customer reports. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to perform necessary calculations to satisfy job requirements.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to make judgment decisions based on material specifications or technical requirements.
- Computer Skills: Advanced personal computer skills including electronic mail, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, drawings, etc.
Interested applicants must submit their resumes to Jobs.OSC@MHPowerSystems.com with subject line Component Engineer I.
MHPSA is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V) - Drug Free Workplace
The Safety of All MHPSA Employees is Our #1 Priority ..... Always!