|Education Required:||Associate Degree|
Supervise and coordinate activities of workers engaged in setting up and operating a variety of machines to repair and manufacture parts. Responsible for the overall Safety, direction, coordination, and evaluation of the department/shift to include interviewing and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the company’s policies and applicable laws.
- Work with the team to develop and continually review key operating metrics to assist workers in solving work problems
- Implement and develop training and productivity improvements through Lean Manufacturing techniques
- Analyze work orders to estimate worker hours and create machining schedules that meet both internal and external needs;
- Compute amounts of stock and supplies required for operations, based on production schedules, and requisition materials from storage area;
- Interpret specifications, blueprints, and job orders to workers, and assign duties;
- Plan flow of materials through department and develop physical layout of machines according to work orders;
- Interface with others in the organization to ensure customer deadlines are met;
- Inspect and measure parts and products to verify conformance to specifications;
- Direct workers in adjusting machines and equipment to repair products which fail to meet standards;
- Establish or adjust work procedures to meet production schedules;
- Develop, recommend, and implement measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product;
- Suggest changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of shop, department, or work crew;
- Maintain time and production records;
- Develop capital equipment justifications for machine tools and process technology to improve quality, cost, and cycle times;
- Estimate, requisition, and inspect materials;
- Minimal overnight travel (up to 10%) by land and/or air;
- Perform other such duties as may be required.
- Education and/or Experience: Associate's degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or at least six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Develop and implement production tracking or quality control systems, analyzing production, quality control, maintenance, or other operational reports, to detect production problems.
- Computer Skills: Basic personal computer skills including electronic mail, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc. General computer skills with emphasis on Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel and Word) and MRP systems.
- Two year degree or Technical School Certification in a Manufacturing or Engineering Discipline; Three to Five years managing direct reports in a Lean Manufacturing environment.
- Turbine/Power Generation experience a plus
- Excellent communication skills
Interested applicants must submit their resumes to Jobs.OSC@MHPowerSystems.com with subject line Production Supervisor.
MHPSA is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V) - Drug Free Workplace
The Safety of All MHPSA Employees is Our #1 Priority ..... Always!